Monday, March 20, 2017

Start My Day with Gratitude

Today I was at the Nampa Rec Center at 5am, when they open. That's way earlier than I normally get there, but I had an appointment and had to fit in my exercise earlier. There's a group of regulars who are at the NRC every morning at 5am. This morning I was the fourth one there. With everybody standing in line, I decided to hold the door. I ended up holding it for about 40 people.

How many times have you started a day with dozens of people saying, "Thank you"? This is probably the first time I have and it was a great way to start the day.

I was able to express kindness and I received gratitude in return.
They were able to receive kindness, and express gratitude.
That sure seems like a win-win situation to me.

I don't know how often I'll do the same thing, but I received a great return for minimal effort.
Post a Comment