Monday, January 25, 2016

Thanksgiving Adventure Part 3

Today should mark the last installment of the Thanksgiving adventure. Back when the adventure first began, I had IVC filter inserted (intravenous vena cava filter, I think). It was intended to block any blood clots in my legs from breaking free and moving to my lungs. Since they had to take me off the blood thinners (the ones that created the problem in the first place) the filter was meant to protect me.

Today, I had the filter removed. It was a minor surgical procedure, under conscious sedation. Of course there are risks with any surgery, but this was minimal and it was quick and easy.

So now the last of the adventure will be the cost, but because of the generosity of my friends, that cost won't be a burden.

Here's to an adventure free 2016!
Post a Comment