Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Creating New Habits

Wow! I can't believe I haven't posted anything since June. I knew it had been a while, but that's a really time to go without having something to say. Of course that's the kind of blogger I am. There are bloggers out there who make a living out of posting every day, or even several times a day. I just can't do that, and no desire to share that much. I think if I tried, most of what I posted would be worthless drivel. So I post when something strikes me as post worthy.

For the past 5 weeks (only 3 weeks left) I've been participating in the Whole Life Challenge. It's been a challenge, creating new habits, trying to give up the old, unhealthy habits. I haven't responded to the challenge as well as I would like to have, but I'm definitely becoming more aware of the things I did without being intentional about the activities. I'm clearly an unhealthy eater, as demonstrated by my over-weight-ness. I haven't weighed during the challenge, but I'm sure I haven't lost any weight, which is disappointing. Although I shouldn't be surprised - I've eaten too many of the restricted foods (according to the challenge rules) and not enough of the recommended foods. And when I do eat the good foods, my portion control is poor.

And yet, I'm becoming more aware and making changes. In the past I was most successful when I diligently tracked my food and my activity. So I'm doing that again. I've eaten some food that shouldn't be consumed by someone trying to be healthy, but I recorded them - calories and fat and sugar, etc. And there have also been times that I didn't eat something because I didn't want to record it. Apparently it's a good incentive for me.

In November, I'll be adding another tool to help create healthy habits: a fitness tracker. I'm the kind of person who tends to do a lot of research before I buy something. There are so many fitness trackers out there, how does one choose?

I found one that I think is going to help, that will track all the activities that I regularly do. The MOOV Now. It's priced well, has a lot of attractive features, and I have to start somewhere. I guess I'll see how it turns out. And if you use that link above (or this one: http://welcome.moov.cc/?getmoov=C7ADECF0A6 ) to buy, I get $5 off mine.

Here's to a healthier me - eventually.

P.S., If you're interested in the Whole Life Challenge, there will be another one starting in January.
https://www.wholelifechallenge.com/


Post a Comment