Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Nampa Tractor Salvage

Obviously I'm not a consistent blogger. Of course that mirrors my real life: I don't have much to say most days, and I don't have much to blog most days. But I have taken some photos lately that turned out really nice, so I'm going to catch up.

Back on March 7, Don Johnson arranged for a small group of us to visit Nampa Tractor Salvage. They've been in business for decades, but the need for tractor salvage is disappearing. Mike, the owner, is trying to figure out how to get out of the business, but the price for scrap metal is so low, he can't sell. We photographers were tasked with documenting all the great equipment before it disappears completely. It was a fun day, full of shapes, textures, lines - all the details that get me photographically excited.

In no particular order, here are some of my favorites from the day. While I normally try to do some commentary on the images, I'm not feeling particularly commentary-ish today. Feel free to critique each image yourself.















Post a Comment