Friday, March 13, 2015

Black Magic Canyon 2015, Part 6

This the final part of this series, but it's not the last you'll see of Black Magic Canyon. Dan Mottaz and I went down again and I got some more great images. In fact, looking back at this series, I think the next series will be better.

Of course that happens often to me. I look back on something I photographed last year, or last month and think, "What was I thinking? I could have done a much better job.

These images focus on edges. The lighting I had this particular day lent itself well to strong contrast: bright highlights and dark shadows.






These last two images are my favorites (and I think the best) from the whole day. I love the mystery of them. They're abstract, and yet still have a rock-like quality to them.




Post a Comment