Sunday, September 21, 2014

MHAFB Air Show: The Personnel

I had a great time on the Mountain Home Air Force Base. A group of us photographers were granted special access during the practice day. Although we didn't get as close to the jets as I would have liked, we did get pretty close. And was a lot easier trying to photograph than it would have been over the weekend, when they expected 100,000 or more people.

Of course I was there to shoot the planes, but there are always interesting subjects around. This first post is all about the personnel. There is a crew that travels with the Thunderbirds, including the pilots, the ground crew and their official photographers. Watching them work was an experience. Everything is so precise, the steps they followed seemed like choreography.




This next one is my mom's favorite.







After practice was done, while sitting around in some small shade, I noticed this scene.
Boots on the ground ...


Post a Comment