Wednesday, August 27, 2014

NFC Car Show, Part 2: The Abstracts

For this group of photos, I concentrated on abstract images. Following the example of Keith Walklet's images, I spent a significant amount of time looking for unusual details: intersections of lines and shadows, reflections, etc. I wanted to find things that would most likely be overlooked by other people and that would become abstract images when processed. I like this group. Knowing these came from a car show, some of them will be recognizable. But if you didn't know the context, I think it might be difficult to interpret what you're seeing. I don't think 'unrecognizability' is essential in abstract images, but it certainly seems important and to me, it improves an abstract image.

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts.















Post a Comment