Thursday, May 2, 2013

not all who wander are lost

A thought struck me today - caught me by surprise. Not that I haven't had the thought before. I've wondered about it over and over the last few years. Today it just seemed to come out of nowhere. There didn't seem to be a trigger. I was just brushing my teeth (maybe that's a common trigger and I just don't know it).

"What am I doing with my life?"

I don't know. I seem to be wandering, without real direction. I'm not being intentional about my moves, my choices. I feel as if I'm taking things as they come.

But maybe that's what I need to be doing. I don't feel lost.

I'm teaching for NNU, and I feel pretty successful at it. They keep asking me to come back.
My book is making progress - slow, but still moving forward.
My photography is improving. Not that I'm winning awards, but I feel like my vision is coming into focus (pun intended).
I'm the editor of the camera club newsletter and enjoying the creativity of that job.
My health is stable. I have no idea how long that will last, but for now I feel good.

There seem to be a lot of good things happening, in spite of all the challenges.

I'm grounded. I'm exploring. I'm seeking.

So although I'm wandering, I'm not lost.


Post a Comment