Sunday, March 3, 2013

I can't believe there's more!

Even though I've gotten rid of so much stuff over the last few years, or maybe because I've done so much, I still occasionally feel the need to purge, to get rid of more stuff. When I start I always have the feeling that there's nothing left to eliminate. I just know I won't find anything. And yet, I can't believe there's more.

This week the decluttering need has been hitting hard. Yesterday I started reviewing my list of possessions, recounting the inventory. As I'm going through the rooms, I keep finding things that were on my list, but that don't need to be on my list, so are coming off my list. Some of the stuff I'm getting rid of isn't necessarily a countable item, but more like packaging. For example, I have some photo CDs from a long time ago. Each CD was in a card stock envelope. Why do I need the envelopes? I don't. So I moved all the CDs to one container and threw away the envelopes. More clutter eliminated!

There are other ways I found to eliminate small bits here and there, but every little bit helps. One of the decisions I'm making is whether or not to include professional possessions on my list. Up to now I've left out those items. They were part of my school office. Now they're at home, so do I count them? I haven't decided yet.  When I get my list updated, I'll let you know what the new number is.
Post a Comment