Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Doctor ... Notyet

Although the interviews at ISU went well, and I'm mentally ready to ... not sure what to put here.
Increase my education
Pursue a doctorate
Explore a new path
???

I'm mentally ready, but physically it's just not possible. Drive to Pocatello, a social with the other candidates and current doctoral students, a day of interview, and drive home. Doesn't sound like much, but it completely exhausted me. While they were interviewing me, I was interviewing them, and without knowing it, my body was paying close attention to the whole process.

I've withdrawn my name from consideration for this cohort. It's possible I could be healthier by fall, even healthy enough to withstand the rigors of a doctoral program. Possible, but not probably. And I would hate to take a spot, start the program, then have to withdraw because I just can't do it.

At some point I will get a doctoral degree. For now, I must be content with what I'm doing: teaching as an adjunct, writing, photography, and exercise. I haven't worked out in a long time though - which I will correct. And I think I have my next book idea.

I'm working on the mind map now, trying to organize my ideas, give the idea some structure and direction. But I think it has the possibility to be a good book. Who knew I might someday be an author? Not me.
Post a Comment