Friday, February 10, 2012

My Book, Almost a Reality

I've been working on a book for several years now. The first few years, the book was purely a mental creation, nothing tangible. It rolled around in my head, sometimes dominating my thoughts. I would talk about it with friends, either as ideas and questions I'd been pondering, or as an actual someday-publication.

It's now getting close to being a reality. I've written over 35,000 words, and the format is taking shape. Maybe by the end of the year it'll be in a publishable form.

The working title: Less is More than Enough. It chronicles my physical challenges since being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, follows my journey to simplicity, and discusses my search for significance and contentment. I've been asked, "Who is your audience?" Honestly, I didn't consider an audience when writing it. The audience is me. I'm writing it so that I can remember all that I've been through, and because writing is helping me process these events and emotions. Will other people want to read it? I don't know. Probably some of my friends will be interested, but like this blog, I'll be surprised when I discover that people are interested in my thoughts.
Post a Comment