Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Productive Day ... Doesn't Happen Very Often

It was a good day today. I got a lot done, much more than I had planned. First, I got my taxes done, which was really simple this year since I don't have a job and don't own a house anymore.

Then, mom's van wouldn't start this morning. It seemed to have a dead battery, which was concerning for mom and dad because they just put in a new battery less than a month ago. Dad and I pushed the van out of the garage so we could jump start it. Unfortunately, the jump didn't work, so dad called a tow truck. I helped by taking a picture.

While waiting for the tow truck, I was of course checking facebook, and at just the right time. Moments after I logged in, The Idaho Press Tribune posted this:

Your chance to win two tickets to Manhattan Transfer at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Morrison Center. You don'nt need to give us an email address or phone, simply email me at the Press Tribune and tell me why you'd like to see this dynamic vocal quartet that is celebrating 40 years of harmonizing together.

I sent an e-mail telling them I wanted the tickets for my parents, and very quickly got a response: Chris, your parents are going to see The Manhattan Transfer.

How exciting is that?


Lastly, on the way home from picking up the tickets, I stopped at a stoplight, behind this guy:

Datsuns haven't been around since the mid-70s, so of course I had to take a picture.


Post a Comment