Monday, November 14, 2011

Poco a Poco

Today I swam for 75 minutes, without a break. In order to complete an Ironman, I'll have to be able to swim for more than 2 hours without a stop (2:20 is the time cutoff for the swim leg). I was thinking that I am really far off being able to do that, even being 5 years away. But my first 1/2 mile was 40 minutes. I just need to get that distance down to 30 minutes, which feels doable (at least it did in the pool this morning).

Today I also made my first meal from my new gluten-free cookbook: Potato-Egg Bake. It as a quiche like thing, and it was delicious. This weekend I did some GF grocery shopping, and found my new favorite crackers. Blue Diamond (the almond people), makes a product called "Almond Nut-Thins." They're gluten free and they're very tasty. The package didn't last very long. I'm going to have to work on that - limiting portions.

I also found a GF brownie mix. I doubt it's going to be as good as Ghirardelli brownies, but I could be wrong.
Post a Comment