Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

I made it back to the Rec Center this morning, with a plan to add some time to my workout. Since there wasn't a group cycling class this morning, I rode one of the stationary bikes overlooking the pool area. My plan was to ride 2 hours, but apparently the bike only lets riders go for 99:59. After it stopped, I lost the momentum and decided that was long enough. During that time I covered about 24 miles of virtual road - not too bad.

Tuesdays and Thursdays I work on my lower body in the weight room. It's not a huge workout: leg press, leg extension, leg curl. After the weights, I hit the pool. Most days I keep track of how many laps I swim. Today I decided to just swim. I was in the pool for an hour. During that time I also worked on snorkeling. I'm getting more comfortable having my face in the water. With 6 years to train for an Ironman Triathlon, I think I have enough time to become a competent swimmer
Post a Comment