Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Great Salt Lake

During my trip to SLC Sunday/Monday, I had a lot of time to think. And I did a lot of thinking, about a lot of topics and situations. One thought came to me several times: Maybe going on disability is not the way to go. I realize it can be a long process, and when I started the process I knew it was the right thing. I am disabled, in several ways. I had to quit my job because of my physical problems.

I know I could get a job; my options of possible jobs are so limited. Because of my voice, I need a job that doesn't require any talking. Because of my RA, I can't lift heavy objects, can't be on my feet for a long time, and I require (physically require) rest during the day. When I run out of energy, I have to nap. Because of my poor immune system, I need to NOT be around a lot of people (read: germ carriers). How many jobs meet those requirements?

So I'm confused about where to go, what to do.

I have an appointment with the local Social Security office today. I don't know what they're going to be doing today. I guess I'll find out when I get there.
Post a Comment