Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Leisure Update 2008

I worked at Canyon Springs Golf Course this summer. I even played a few rounds of golf.

I also played a round in Tucson, when I was there for the ASCA LDI. I shot 89, but I was 11 over on the last 4 holes. It was 105 degrees, and I hadn't played much golf. By the time we got to 14, I was out of gas. Considering I was playing with rental clubs on a course I'd never seen before, it was a good round of golf.

I'm still a member of the USGA Mid-Amateur Championship Committee.

I love photography. At the elementary school last year, I put together the yearbook.
The kids actually titled it, although they didn't know that's what they were doing. During recess, whenver they would see me with my camera, someone would run up and say, "Take me a picture." It had about 750 pictures of kids, not your typical yearbook.

I did some senior portraits, and a family portrait session. Both taught me something new:
  • I love taking photos
  • I love helping friends
  • I hate charging money for doing it
I'm not about to turn my hobby into a job. I did that with golf and ended up hating it.
Photography is my creative outlet, the artistic side of me finding expression. Charging for doing what I love will just corrupt the process.

I had to give up racquetball. I haven't been to the gym in who-knows-how-long. I know I should go; I just don't have the energy or motivation. Maybe this year.
Post a Comment