Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm starting to hate arthritis

I've never enjoyed arthritis, not in the 18 or so months since I was diagnosed. But now I really don't like this. Today I went to the gym to play racquetball - not so much play as just hit the ball around for a while. I couldn't do it. Even the weakest forehand shot made my wrist hurt. When I decided to simplify my life I thought I was only eliminating things and stuff. I guess that part of the simplification process is eliminating activities. I hate to do it, but I think I'm going to sell my racquetball stuff - racquets, balls, goggles, everything. I guess that'll make my list shorter.

I've also decided that I know for sure which item is going next: my scale.

I know I need to lose weight, and I'm working on that. I've used the scale to measure my progress, but I think maybe it's become a hindrance, or at least a distraction. I know what I need to do to lose weight: eat less, exercise more. I'm doing that. If I really want to weigh, I can do that at the gym

One other list issue: I have to add my new truck. So now I have two trucks instead of just one. However it's only temporary. I'm going to sell my 1989 Ford Ranger. If you know anyone who wants a good truck - that needs some TLC - get a hold of me. I'm selling it for $750 and the ad comes out Tuesday.
Post a Comment