Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ready for 2008

2007 is almost over, and 2008 is almost here. I'm ready for both and although usually avoid resolutions, I've made some.

1. When my mom is at my house, she will never do dishes. (She had a pair of rubber gloves here in my house, which were counting on my list, so I took them back to her so I don't have to count them. When I handed them to her she said, "These are supposed to be there so I can wash dishes when I'm at your house." "Well, I guess you just can't wash anymore dishes at my house; that's one of my New Year's Resolutions. And I have another related one ...")
2. When I am at my parent's house, mom will never do dishes. (This one I've already started. When I was at mom and dad's for Christmas, I didn't let her do any dishes.)
3. Publish my list of current possessions on my blog. (This will be done January 1, 2008.)
4. Achieve a Healthy Weight. (I actually started this last summer, and lost weight: eating healthy, working out. Then my arthritis got in the way. I've put some of the weight back on, but not all of it. I'm now feeling good enough to start working out again.) So, to accomplish a healthy weight (which is what I really want), I've resolved to do (or not do) two main things:
4a. I resolve to not eat any fast food for one year.
4b. I resolve to not drink any pop for one year.

(I've done the pop thing before. After the first two weeks it wasn't that hard. The fast food thing, that's going to be more difficult. It's just so easy, and tasty. But, it's only for one year. I can do it.)
5. Work on my Spanish. (I just need more practice. I have the books and some software; I just need to use them.)

I might add to this list (which does not constitute adding to "the list.") But, this will do for now.

I hope you all had a great Christmas, and you have a great start to the new year.
Post a Comment